|Manuscript review guidelines|| > For Authors and Reviewers > Manuscript review guidelines
- According to the 12th section of the Korean Academy of Fundamentals of Nursing and to the 4th clause under the 4th section of the review board member regulation guideline, the present guidelines are provided for the review of manuscripts submitted to the Journal of the Fundamentals of Nursing.
- Manuscript review and selection are made by following the present guidelines.
- Manuscript review is limited to original articles of research reports on Nursing, Master's degree thesis, and Ph.D degree thesis, and should follow the same procedures as the manuscript review. When the submitted article is defined as a degree article, the article should be published under the single name of the corresponding degree holder.
- Manuscripts that do not meet the manuscript qualification and submission guidelines are rejected.
- Three review members are assigned for each submitted manuscript, and the review members are appointed by the manuscript compilation committee.
- Review board member names for each manuscript are disclosed.
- Manuscript reviews are performed based on the manuscript review evaluation form that follows the quantitative study, qualitative study, general remarks, conceptual analysis and Q-methodology
- Review results are marked on a manuscript review evaluation form and detailed contents of the review evaluations are separately prepared, and judged as publication accepted (No correction necessary) or : publication accepted after correction but the manuscript should be reviewed again after correction.
1) Manuscript that are judged as 'Publication accepted' can be published without corrections.
2) Authors of manuscript that are judged as 'Publication accepted after correction' should make corrections in contents that were criticized by the review board members, and the manuscript will be accepted for publication after the review member confirms the correction of the criticized contents.
3) Authors of manuscript that are judged as 'Review after correction' should have corrections made and a manuscript review should be done by the review board member who made the judgement on determining acceptability of the manuscript for publication
4) A decision on the manuscript as 'No publication' is made when the manuscript is considered to be included one of the following categories.
(1) When the study title is lacking significance for nursing
(2) When the manuscript was prepared by copying a certain contents of already published material or the contents of other people's studies.
(3) When the reliability and appropriateness of study results are lacking.
(4) When the manuscript review results were that more than 30% of contents were 'very poor'
(5) When any corrections could not be made.
- Contents of review should not be available to people other than the authors.
- Regardless of manuscript review results, if manuscript compilation committee acknowledges that the manuscript does not fit the publication guidelines of the Journal of Korean Academy of Fundamentals of Nursing, the publication of the manuscript should be rejected.
- Manuscript review members should complete the review of the requested paper within 14 days of receiving the manuscript, and should send the review results to the manuscript compilation committee.
- If the manuscript correction is not submitted within the defined time, the publication of the manuscript can be postponed to the next term or the authors can consider giving up on publication of the manuscript.