The present guidelines define the aims of the manuscript compilation committee according to the 12th section of the Journal of Korean Academy of Fundamentals of Nursing.
The committee is to be made up of 14 members with a 2-year term that can be extended by reappointment.
- In selection of the compilation committee members the following criteria should be considered:
(1) Persons with excellent research achievements
(2) Persons who have previous experience in reviewing academic manuscripts
(3) Persons who have previous experience in academic manuscript and data compilation
(4) Regionally acceptable distribution (at least five regions). If a university hospital, a campus, or a branch office is located separately, it should be classified according to the location where the institution is located.)
The compilation director of the Korean Academy of Fundamentals of Nursing will take responsibility as the chairperson of the committee, who can recommend sub-committee members and receives approval from the committee.
The committee reviews and decides the following contents for the publication of the Korean Academy of Fundamentals of Nursing and related academic articles, and the chairperson of the committee reports the results at the board of directors meeting.
- Contents regarding the publication of the academic journal
(1) Contents regarding its compilation
(2) Review of received manuscripts and decisions regarding publication
(3) Decision on manuscript to be published in each edition of the journal
(4) Decision on charges to print manuscripts
- Review and decision on contents to be presented to the board of directors meeting.
- For the manuscript review, manuscript review members could be appointed by including the members of compilation committee. The chairperson of the compilation committee takes responsibilities as the chair of the review committee.
- Manuscript review is conducted by following a separate manuscript review guideline.